Thursday, August 1, 2013

Loving My Post-Baby Self...or trying to

 
Truth: I tried on 6 different shirts thismorning
 
Truth: I said terrible things in my head about my own body
 
Truth: I was reminded that in the past 10 months I grew a human and birthed him
 
 
There is WAY too much pressure these days on moms
We are expected to get back to our prebaby selves just days after giving birth
Instead of loving our own body for what it has just done, we punish it and say bad things about it and hate on it in our mind
 
 
Truth: I have 3 things that fit me right now
 
Truth: none of my shirts will button all the way up
 
Truth: my booty gets pregnant right alone with my belly
 
Promise: i will put my size 3 jeans away and not even look at them again for a while
 
Truth: I got rid of shirts that don't fit nursing boobs a long time ago
 
Promise: I will believe my husband when he says he thinks i'm hot
 
Promise: i will enjoy this time with my baby and not spend it being miserable about the way i look
 
 
 
Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh!! PREACH. this is so good for me to be reminded of. and i must lay off the sweets. they sure aren't helping. . .

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope and try daily to accept my body. This is one of the hardest part of being a mom. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete